? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Post From Ben's Mommy...

This was my blog on MySpace this morning, and I thought it to be pretty humorous. I wanted to share it with those who aren't members of MySpace...

"Blink and You'll Miss It"

It's 5:30 AM, and I'm up making blueberry muffins. I'm not striving to be a supermom who gets up at the crack of dawn to ensure my family has a fresh baked breakfast, but I do give props to those troopers out there who do such things.

I'm up right now because I haven't slept at all tonight. In less than three hours, I will be sending my little boy off to daycare for the first time. I've been up all night trying to calm my nerves and reassure myself that Ben is going to learn so much more around other children, in addition to building valuable social skills that he would be unable to garner at home without other kids around. Something that keeps going through my head is the old "blink and you'll miss it" cliche. I would laugh sarcastically when someone told me that as I was soothing a colicky baby after having been up all night, no telling when blissful sleep would welcome me again. Those nights and days seemed to drag by. I couldn't grasp how I could possibly blink through all of the spitting up on my old pajamas as I daydreamed about my working friends who got to wear pretty clothes, talk to grown-ups all day long, and know the words to songs that didn't play on the Disney Channel. I couldn't imagine that when the day finally came when I could turn loose of that little hand and let both of us become more independent of one another, I would be thinking up excuses to keep him home just one more day. It's been 18 months since our little boy burst into the world with a dramatic entrance, and our lives haven't been lacking in excitement since. I know that today marks the beginning of a new era in our lives...The beginning of Ben's life outside of my protection, where he'll learn how to be a little man all on his own...The beginning of my life without that smiling/screaming/giggling face following me around all day long, and I'll begin my glorious existence as a number cruncher...

This day is one of the most heart-wrenching experiences I have ever endured, but I know that this day is also a great blessing. I love that Ben is starting school in the fall...I can almost smell the nostalgic smell of autumn leaves burning, a reminder of good times to come...Wait, that's not leaves...thats....Oh damn! I've gotten all sendimental and burned my blueberry muffins!!!

I guess I'll tackle the supermom thing next week...=0)~

Love and Blink-and-You'll-Burn-Your-Muffins,

Lissa

0 I want to hear from you!: